PDA

View Full Version : what is the best jig & worm rod

charles gaddy
08-22-2005, 07:56 PM
ii wont a super worm & jig rod i know a little about g loomas & kistler what do youd recomend whats best :?:

lightninrod
08-23-2005, 07:07 AM
I've replaced almost all my rods with a Kistler Helium LTA rod. I would recommend a 7', 6" Medium Heavy (http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageKISTCAST-KHCR.html#) for your needs. Their light-weight will be appreciated even more when the fishing day get's long. Their sensitivity is unmatched IMO and yet, they have the power to land the bigger Bass..

Dan

TTCal
09-24-2005, 03:23 PM
"lightninrod" ... hmm... I think I know this guy? ;)

Charles... "best" is truly subjective when it comes to rods. The two manufacturers you listed are both superb. The Helium line, as Dan mentioned, are among the lightest and most fun rods to use. Loomis GLX is also top notch as are the St. Croix Legend Elites. Any of these three can be called "the best" depending on the attributes you find most important.

If you want a nice, fast tip, and super stout backbone, the new Loomis GLX Jig and Worm series rods are hard to beat.

If you want light weight, sensitivity, nice soft, fish playable action at a very good price, Kistler Heliums are difficult to match.

If you want top end components in your rod, wonderful craftsmanship, and a combination of the above two characteristics, Legend Elites are wonderful rods.

baptistebaptist
01-11-2006, 05:45 AM
i use a avid 7ft med heavy stcroix and i do think they are a great rod for the price